Thursday, February 5, 2009

Work Week Bound....

So, homework has been getting out of hand lately... spent 7 hours yesterday on gouache paintings... and looking forward to spending several hours on perspective tomorrow... but for right now, its portfolio review time... and apparently my gestures are doing alright... just to need to work on where to place the emphasis... but here's a couple from today...




The other portfolio review that I've had is from P.O.D. (principles of drawing), which didn't go so well... apparently I'm heading for a 'low pass'...


This handbag is the largest project that we've done so far this term... the first drawing is a planar analysis of the bag, followed by a full tonal study using cross hatching (without crossing the hatches, kinda confusing huh?)


Sorry about the poor image quality... still working on getting a scanner/learning how to photograph my work properly... once I do, I'll post some of my subway sketching/quick portraiture...

1 comment:

  1. Woa, Pretty intense homework. Tedious.

    It all looks really good.
    The perspective study for the bag blew my mind.

    ReplyDelete